Laboratory Hood

This case involves the design adequacy of glass-walled "fume Hoods" used in a laboratory at Boston Hospital. On January 26, 1968, a doctor was performing a perchloric acid digestion of organic materials. An explosion occurred and the glass from the hood shattered. A 24-year-old employee of the college was killed by the flying glass. Suit was brought on the basis of the architect's negligent failure to use wired glass or shatter-proof plastics.

Live Chat
CONTACT US for a free consultation
Contact Us