CALL US TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION: 800.545.3737 - 617.742.1900|ATTORNEY@SWARTZLAW.COM

Consumer Protection

/Consumer Protection

2 Year Old Boy At Daycare Dies In Fall From Roof

Daylan Walker, a 2-year-old who had been dropped off at a Columbia Road day care where he had started only two weeks earlier, somehow made his way to the roof of the building. Daylan fell from the roof in an unimaginable tragedy for his family.

Federal Authorities Investigating Circus Incident Involving Broken Clip

On Sunday May 4, 2014, eight circus acrobats suffered injuries when they fell to the ground while performing a hair-hanging stunt. Evidence including a broken clip and other material has been turned over to federal workplace safety investigators. A ninth performer, a dancer below the

Suspected Gas Explosion in Dorchester, MA Injures At Least 12 People

A suspected gas explosion on last week damaged a multi-family house and initiated a three-alarm fire in Dorchester, Massachusetts. The 2 1⁄2-story house is located at 27 Hansborough St., near Harvard Street and Blue Hill Avenue. At least 12 people were reported injured – some

Cork Block Stacking Toys Recalled Due to Choking Hazard

On February 26, 2014 the Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a recall of about 720 Cork Stacker block sets. Small pieces of cork can break off the blocks, posing a choking hazard to young children. This recall involves a three-piece cork block stacking toy imported

Infant Pacifiers Recalled Due to Choking Hazard

On January 30, 2014, the Consumer Products Safety Commission recalled about 200,000 (in the United States and Canada Fred & Friends Chill Baby Artiste, Volume and Panic pacifiers. These pacifiers reportedly failed to comply with federal safety standards. Specifically, the beard on the Artiste and

Baby Rattles Recalled by Midwest-CBK Due to Choking Hazard

On January 22, 2014, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recalled about 1,900 donut-shaped polyester knit fabric baby rattles with heads and arms to resemble a bear, monkey and a lion. The head on the rattle can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.

Two Children Suffocate Inside Self-Locking Chest – Subject Of 1996 Recall

Two children from Franklin, Massachusetts died on January 12, 2014 in an automatically locking hope chest. Officials remain concerned that many similar chests remain in people’s homes after nearly 20 years of recall efforts. In Reynoldsburg, Ohio in 1999, a small child died in a

Holiday Season Toy Alert: Recall of Doodlebutt Toys Due to “Serious” Ingestion Hazard

Parents and caregivers should be forewarned this holiday season – some toys that are attractive to oral-age children, including products resembling food or candy, could have small parts that are dangerous. For example, on December 12, 2013, about 1,500 water-absorbing polymer toys made in China

REPORT: PORTABLE GASOLINE CONTAINERS MAY POSE EXPLOSION HAZARD

NBC News is reporting that red plastic portable gasoline containers – consumer gas cans sold throughout the U.S. – may pose an explosion hazard many consumers may not know about. Approximately 20 million gas cans are sold in the United States each year, and there

Manhattan Group Recalls Baby Rattles Due to Choking Hazard

On December 04, 2013,  Manhattan Toy® Quixel™ baby rattles were recalled as the result of finding that the product’s colored arches can break, creating a small part which poses a choking hazard to small children. About 8,300 of these children’s products were sold in the

Sound Baby Monitors Recalled After Two Deaths Due to Strangulation Hazard

  On November 21, 2013 the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced the recall of 600,000 Angelcare Movement and Sound Monitors with Sensor Pads. The cord attached to the baby monitor’s sensor pad is placed under the crib mattress, which poses a strangulation risk