A mother, watched by her 8-year-old daughter, was preparing to deep fry potatoes in corn oil. The oil container contained no instructions or warnings concerning the phenomenon of oil spattering when it comes in contact with water, nor did the container give instructions on the means of putting out oil fires. The spattering oil caught fire on the stove and caused the pan to catch on fire. While the father was attempting to remove the hot pan, he dropped it, showering himself and his daughter with flaming oil. The father suffered burns on his right arm. The girl suffered permanent burn scarring on her back. Recovery was based on defendant's failure to provide adequate cooking instructions, warnings and fire-fighting instructions.