Electrical Accident

While working to insulate a third floor attic window of a residential property, the insulation installer sustained electrical burn injuries that ultimately resulted in a brain aneurysm causing his death. The aluminum ladder at the site was not tall enough to reach the attic window. The crew decided to place the ladder on top of their truck so that it would be the height needed to accomplish the job. The installer was holding the ladder while the work was being performed. When the work was completed and the ladder was being lowered, the ladder came in contact with an overhead wire, causing the installer to sustain electrical burn injuries and fall from the top of the truck. The installer suffered a brain aneurysm 15 months later and died.

Suit was brought against the entities that administered the energy efficiency program, claiming negligent lack of supervision, and the utility company that owned the wires, claiming failure to insulate the wires and provide warnings.

Live Chat
CONTACT US for a free consultation
Contact Us