Fallen Power Line
Minor was electrocuted when she came into contact with a high voltage uninsulated live primary electric power line owned by defendant. The line had fallen during a major storm, and had remained down for an estimated 27 hours despite more than 25 calls to defendant reporting it as down. The wire was of such power that contact, however fleeting, between an unprotected human being and a wire of such voltage would necessarily cause death. Plaintiff's recovery against defendant was based on negligence for failure to remove live wire and failure to adequately warn plaintiff of its lethal hazards.