Flammable Tent, Bedding

Three-year-old girl sustained severe burns resulting in death when the tent in which she was sleeping ignited after her bedding came in contact with a lit candle. The fire occurred in connection with a camp meeting event at the XXX campground. The girl's family attended the event and rented two tents and two campsites from XXX.

XXX and its managerial employees were negligent in conceiving, planning and supervising the camp meeting. XXX allowed open flames in the tents and had no effective policy banning open flames from the tents. XXX also maintained inadequate fire fighting equipment, violated several Massachusetts fire safety regulations and failed to provide adequate warnings and instructions to campers who rented the tents. Liability for the little girl's death was shared by the manufacturer and seller of the tent, the girl's cot, sheet, and sleeping bag.

Live Chat
CONTACT US for a free consultation
Contact Us