Magic Wand

Three-year-old boy and his sister were playing "Glinda the Good Witch" with the "Magic Wand" when the star on the top of the Wand became separated from the plastic stick, flew across the room and hit the boy in the eye. The three-year-old boy sustained eye injury. The Wand was defective because the Wand's star was not securely attached to the Wand's stem. Additionally, the Wand's star was made of rigid, pointed and weighted plastic, which served only to increase the Wand's potential for eye injury. The Wand lacked any warnings of this hazard. The case settled for $300,000.[44]

Live Chat
CONTACT US for a free consultation
Contact Us