A 1-1/2-year-old boy was given a toy which included several small figurines. The age recommendations on the box stated that the toy was suitable for very young children. The child ingested one of the small figurines, which were too narrow in diameter, and the oxygen supply to his brain was cut off, resulting in permanent brain damage. Had the figurine been better designed so that, for one thing, it was larger, the child would not have been able to swallow it in such a manner as to cause serious injury.
About the Author: Swartz & Swartz
Swartz & Swartz, P.C., located in the heart of downtown Boston on the historic Freedom Trail, is one of this nation's most respected trial law firms. Our team of pre-eminent Boston lawyers and advocates represents victims in a broad range of civil litigation matters, serving as chief trial counsel in scores of million-dollar, record-setting landmark cases.