The plaintiff had recently purchased a 27-foot power boat. The boat was equipped with a pump to dissipate gas vapor which built up in the hold. The plaintiff forgot to activate the pump prior to starting the ignition. There was an explosion followed by a fire. The plaintiff has third-degree burns over 30% of his body. A simple alarm device was available to detect the presence of dangerous gasoline fumes. Had this been provided by the manufacturer of the boat this accident could have been prevented.[55]

Facebook Comments