Wrongful Death Lawyers Serving Boston, MA
When a death is attributable to the willful or negligent act of another, family members or beneficiaries of the deceased victim can bring wrongful death lawsuits States across the country have their own wrongful death statutes, each creating a cause of action for the decedent's personal representative and/or for certain beneficiaries, such as spouses, parents and children.
Wrongful death causes are often complex and result in significant damages. If a loved one in your family has been killed as a result of third-party negligence or wrongful acts, you need to get legal help to manage your case and understand your rights. Contact a Boston injury lawyer at Swartz & Swartz, P.C. today for more information and advice.Examples of Boston Wrongful Death Cases
The circumstances leading to wrongful death are numerous and varied, and can include:
- drowning in pools, oceans or other bodies of water;
- car, aircraft and other transportation accidents;
- medical malpractice involving negligent medical care and treatment by doctors and hospitals;
- fatal ingestion of defective prescription medications
- gas and electrical explosions or fires;
- construction and workplace accidents;
- nursing home abuse;
- product liability involving defective consumer or commercial products; and fatal injuries related to recreational vehicles such as ATVs and boats.
- Wrongful death and defective drugs: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) sometimes issues recalls in order to remove defective drugs from the marketplace. Unfortunately, harmful medications can remain on the shelves and cause significant illness and damage. In addition, drug companies may not be forthcoming regarding negative side effects of their products, causing patients to suffer death or serious harm due to unexpected dangers.
- Wrongful death and defective products: Manufacturers are obligated to produce products that are reasonably safe and free from defects. Government entities such as the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) are charged with monitoring safety in the marketplace. However, due to limited resources and inattention of designers and producers, defective products can and do reach retail store shelves. The filing of a product liability lawsuit with the help of a Boston injury lawyer can help address damages caused by defective products.
- Wrongful death and medical malpractice: Medical errors due to negligence can have an enormous impact on patients and their families. Medical malpractice includes misdiagnoses, negligently performed operations, improper prescriptions, inadequate medical testing, and negligent medical monitoring. Any medical negligence has the potential to cause life-altering injuries and death.
- Wrongful death and toxic exposure. Individuals who are exposed to chemicals and other toxins at work or in a home environment can become ill with symptoms including blindness, respiratory disease, cancer and other illnesses that may result in death. Manufacturers of toxic products or of products containing toxins may be guilty of negligence.
- Wrongful death and motor vehicles Negligent design or maintenance can cause cars to be very dangerous, as can negligent or reckless driving. When death occurs on the roadways, a Boston car accident lawyer can help.
A Massachusetts lawyer at Swartz & Swartz, P.C. will ensure that your family’s rights are protected if you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of others. If your family has experienced such a tragedy, please contact us. If you want to speak directly with one of our wrongful death attorneys, we can be contacted at (617) 742-1900, or toll free at 1-800-545-3732. We are ready to answer your questions and discuss how you can protect your legal rights.